New to Oracle: ADO Recordsets

From: Steven Ulbrich <sjutmp_at_msn.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 09:48:29 -0400

I am a newbie to Oracle. My primary experience is MS Access. I was reading an article Access Office VB Advisor Sept 1999 reviewing Oracle.

"SQL Server can return a recordset from a stored procedure - a familiar concept for any Microsoft developer - but Oracle doesn't know anything about recordsets and can't create them. To achieve the same results, you'll have to wrestle with Oracle's cursor variables."

I am try to layout a program in VB that will connect to an Oracle8i database, and recordsets will be used in various sections.

Could someone please post some examples or retrieving a recordset.

The same article states that Oracle doesn't do temporary tables. It this true what is the normal procedure for creating a "temporary data holder"

Thank You All for help

Steven Ulbrich Received on Sun Sep 05 1999 - 08:48:29 CDT