Re: Can dropping RBS cause problems?

From: Martin Haltmayer <Martin_Haltmayer_at_in.augsburg.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 15:33:57 +0200

I had a bit of a problem here. For dropping a rollback segment I put if offline first. Some transaction was still pending offline. Because the transaction was not killed by me before, it tried to extend its slot which it used within that rollback segment. Because this RBS was pending offline, no extension was possible, therefore the transaction rolled back (which was ugly as it took some hours to roll back that mammoth).

So check if you have active transactions (v$transaction.status = 'ACTIVE') that will extend their slot within the RBS in question. You can find this by querying v$transaction.xidusn which points to dba_rollback_segs.segment_id which in turn will tell you the segment_name you want to set offline.

Martin