Re: Ways to fake table in own scema.

From: Martin Haltmayer <Martin_Haltmayer_at_in.augsburg.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 11:11:37 +0200

We had the same problem with a 4GL tool. We did the following:

  1. We ran a script by USER1 that generated commands like 'grant select on USER1.xxx to USER2;' like you did. This generated script was to be run by USER1.
  2. We ran a script by USER1 that generated commands like 'create synonym xxx for USER1.xxx;'. The generated script had to be run by USER2.

After that, we could do a "describe xxx" by USER2 without any security holes.

Even better, the 4GL tool was not able to issue a "drop table xxx" or "drop view xxx" successfully.

Martin