Re: questions about oracle on linux

From: Jack Zhu <jackzhu_at_monmouth.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 1999 14:33:40 -0400

Steven Wu wrote:

> hi,
>
> i got a oracle 8i for linux from www.oracle.com, i want to know if this
> production is really free, is there any limits?
>
> and, another question, 8i ask for a glibc 2.1, is it true? my system
> is slackware 4.0 with glibc 2.0.7, is there any problem? if true, what
> do i do?
>
> thanks in advance.
>
> -steven

Oracle 8i for Linux, no, we can say all Oracle 8i has lots of bugs. It's a full functional product forever.

I didn't try Oracle8i on Slackware. But I did try on RedHat 6.0. Installation is OK, but I cannot startup the database. So I changed to 8.0.5 again. It works like a champ. Received on Sat Sep 04 1999 - 13:33:40 CDT