Problems with DBMS_LOB.LOADFROMFILE ...

From: <thalabi_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 1999 22:18:42 GMT

Hi,

I am having trouble with calling DBMS_LOB.LOADFROMFILE. Here is the code I am using;

DECLARE

  lobd       BLOB;
  fils       BFILE := BFILENAME('THALABI_HOME','login.sql');
  amt        INTEGER := 4000;

BEGIN
  DBMS_LOB.FILEOPEN(fils, dbms_lob.file_readonly);   DBMS_LOB.LOADFROMFILE(lobd, fils, amt);   COMMIT;
  DBMS_LOB.FILECLOSE(fils);
END; I am getting the following error;

DECLARE
*
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_LOB", line 414
ORA-06512: at line 7

Line 7 is the DBMS_LOB.LOADFROMFILE statement. I know it has nothing to do with the directory name or the file name because the DBMS_LOB.FILEOPEN execute successfully.

Anyone has an idea why I am getting this error?

Regards

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sat Sep 04 1999 - 17:18:42 CDT