Re: oracle newbie

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 18:11:46 -0400

    People mean different things by "generation". If you mean that the database design, business rules and front end can be stored in the repository for future use or documentation purposes then Designer can do 100% "generation".

    But if you mean that you want to have windows, objects, menus, functions etc. do things for you which don't happen to be built into Designer, then you have to code these things.

> > Don't we still have to define the tables with fields and datatypes,
> > etc, create the forms and provide actions based on certain events

   Yes, one way or another you will have to do these things with any product. How could any product know what you had in mind for tables, fields, datatypes or specific forms?