Re: Problem installing Oracle8i on Sun Solaris2.6

From: Matt <k_a_h_l_i_l_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 17:54:03 GMT

OK I seem to have gotten it to work... to an extent... at least, now it gets past the DISPLAY variable error part before messing up (now it hangs when I run runInstaller).

I had to be running Xterm or some kind of X Windows to get it working. It only worked when I logged into the terminal as the oracle user; it would not work if I logged in as root and then su'ed to the oracle user.