Re: Data Loading - Question and Advice requested

From: Erik Diehn <erikd_at_nospamm.cometsystems.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 15:22:12 -0400

"Mike M." wrote:

> Since the Direct Data Load feature is still not available for version 8.x I
> have a couple querries for the programmers and support people out there.

There is a direct load feature in sqlldr in 8.0, and I assume it's what you're looking for. You add the parameter DIRECT=TRUE. There's more to it than that; you can optimize the load by pre-sorting indexes, etc. Read the sqlldr -- er, SQL*Loader documentation. There's also an UNRECOVERABLE option that you can specify in the control file.

Hope that helps.

Erik Diehn
erikd_at_nospamm.cometsystems.com - nospamm Received on Fri Sep 03 1999 - 14:22:12 CDT