BIG TABLES, small tables

From: Chris G. <mangi1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 13:18:05 GMT

How should these differ in terms of creation numbers? A table with 200 records that never grows much compared to tables that will grow quickly to 200,00 records and accessed a lot? Not concerned with indexes or stats here. We have those.
Rather, we now create all our tables with default numbers. Should I create large tables differently than small tables? And if so, what numbers for a large table compared to a small table.

Related issue: 150M datafile, with init 100k, next 100k, minext 1, maxext 1400 pctinc 0.

    1400 x 100 = 140000/1024 = 136.7M ?? Do these numbers make sense for an idx tablespace? I gues what I'm asking is the relationship with maxext to initial and calculating good numbers?

Thanks,

Chris G Received on Fri Sep 03 1999 - 08:18:05 CDT