Performance

From: Nicky <nickyterwel_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 15:55:52 +0200

Hello,

We have an application on an Oracle 8 database which is very slow. I know the problem isn't my application, because we've tested it with the sql-worksheet and sql-plus which show the same performance. My query's (select * from tablename where name='something' and logtime between '27-jul-99' and '28-jul-99') returns about 6000 records. The tablestructure is simple:

    logtime date;
    name varchar2;
    value number;

Every minute 50 records are added to the database, and she holds about 1.5 years of records.(total about 25,000,000 records) I've tried an index on (logtime(1) ,name(2)), but the speed difference is minimal.
The network also isn't the slowing factor, so I'm asking you: what is?

Thanks,

Micha Huybrechts Received on Fri Sep 03 1999 - 08:55:52 CDT