Re: ALTER SYSTEM DUMP LOGFILE opcodes etc

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 20:37:12 GMT

On Wed, 01 Sep 1999 14:58:00 GMT, jason_at_seahorseNOSPAM.demon.co.uk (Jason Salter) wrote:

>Anyone out there have a list of the layers and opcodes for
>ALTER SYSTEM DUMP LOGFILE 'logfile' ?
>
>I've looked on MetaLinks but cannot find anything.

A quote from Velpuri's & Adkoli's "Oracle8 Backup & recovery Handbook" (Chapter: Redo Log File Dump):

"The values for the opcode, layer, dba, or rba will be supplied by the Oracle Worldwide Customer Support analyst when needed."

So in your place I would try to get in contact with your support directly and ask them to find this information from their knowledge base for you. However, it is possible this is their internal and confident information and they might give it to you only if you are performing some powerful diagnostic operations under their supervision. In any case, you might give it a try.

>Regards,
>Jason.

Regards,
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle DBA (7.3 & 8.0 OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Thu Sep 02 1999 - 15:37:12 CDT