Re: Oracle8i and OEM 2.04 different Oracle_home's ?

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 03:14:49 GMT

On 2 Sep 1999 21:42:55 GMT, "Christian Jepsen" <CRJ_at_kmd.dk> wrote:

>Anyone have a way to install OEM Schema Manager into
>the same oracle_home as the Oracle8i server.
>I can't see why OEM 2.04 should use another NET8 ?

I wouldn't try to fight this. There is a way though, to avoid having ot configure multiple tnsnames.ora files. You are on Nt, right? Right-Click on My Computer, select properties, go to the Environment tab, and create an environment variable named tns_admin. Point it to the $ORACLE_HOME\network directory. OEM and 8i will then use the same tnsnames.ora file.

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are Received on Thu Sep 02 1999 - 22:14:49 CDT