Re: Is there a way I can direct a output of select statement (in a stored procedure) into a file?

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 03:10:48 GMT

On Thu, 02 Sep 1999 23:38:31 GMT, pcmwong_at_my-deja.com wrote:

>Is there a way I can direct a output of select statement (in a stored
>procedure) into a file?

Not directly, not with anything as easy as the SQL*Plus SPOOL command. Oracle does have a UTL_FILE package. You can use that to write to a file, but you would have to write from within a cursor loop to do what you want.

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are Received on Thu Sep 02 1999 - 22:10:48 CDT