Replicate and foreign keys

From: Nicolas Bronke <news_at_trinity.de>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 23:28:13 +0200

We are planning to install in a wan a replik of our database. The first step the replik are is read-only but in futures it may change.

My question is:

The origin database has many tables with dependencies (foreign keys). Could that be a problem?

For the time being, we are planning to generate for all tables automatic snapshots via a dblink like

create snapshot TTABLE
  TABLESPACE SNAPSHOT
  refresh start with trunc(sysdate)+19/24 next trunc(sysdate+1)+7/24   as

could that be a problem for the reference keys, which exists in the orign database? Does the replik have performance problems, because the snapshots have no index?

Could it be also a problem if we are using updateble snapshots?

Thanks for any comments.

Regards
Nicolas Bronke Received on Thu Sep 02 1999 - 16:28:13 CDT