Total media recovery from hotbackup

From: <marksmith101_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 21:49:58 GMT

Hello,

    I am new to Oracle DB admin. I have been trying to recover an Oracle DB from a hotbackup, but the datafile for the system keeps requiring extra recovery. I believe that the SCNs must be out of sync when the backup is preformed, but I don't know how to check the SCNs of a datafile. Here is an overview of the backup procedure:

   hotbackup datafiles (i.e. alter tablespace ...)    backup control file
   force log switch
   backup archive logs

Here is an overview of the recovery procedure:

   restore data and control files
   rename redo logs (assuming)
   recover the DB using control file
   open DB with resetlogs

   At this point the datafile associated with the system tablespace complains about an error:

   ORA-01110: data file 1: '/home/oradataB1/_/system.dbf'

   Any suggestions?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Sep 02 1999 - 16:49:58 CDT