Re: How to startup 2 listeners on the same machine?

From: Kenneth C Stahl <bluessax_at_unforgiveable.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 15:44:36 -0400

Steve Lucius wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I have two Oracle instances running on one machine. One is Oracle
> 8.0.4 and the other is Oracle 7.3.4. I have started the listener for the
> Oracle 8 database. What do I need to do to start a listener for the
> Oracle 7.3.4 database. Any help would be greatly appreciated
>
> Steve Lucius
> Raytheon Systems Co.

I have a similar (but different) situation.

I have two Oracle 7.3.4 instances running on the same machine. The OS is Unixware 2.1.3. The way it is currently configured, there is just one listener and I start it with:

lsnrctl start

If I wanted to have two different listeners would I have to have a listener.ora and then another similar file with another name? Or would both listeners be defined in the same listener.ora but would just be started with a command that has more parameters then what I just stated above.

Ken Received on Thu Sep 02 1999 - 14:44:36 CDT