Calling functions...

From: <ropru_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 18:47:37 GMT

I would like to now if it's possible to call function (or procedure) from another function or porocedure.

Here is the code:

CREATE OR REPLACE function doit
(v_idnumber payment.idnumber%TYPE)
RETURN NUMBER
IS

v_dexpect  VARCHAR2(10);
v_id       NUMBER;
v_examount NUMBER;

BEGIN
SELECT year, idnumber, expectamount
INTO v_dexpect, v_id, v_examount
FROM payment
WHERE idnumber = v_idnumber;
IF year LIKE '1999/2000' THEN
foo(v_id, v_examount);
END IF;
RETURN 1;
END doit;
/

where "foo" is another function. I got error message that:

"PLS-00221: 'FOO' is not a procedure or is undefined"

Foo was created earlier without compliation errors.

Thanks

Roman

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Sep 02 1999 - 13:47:37 CDT