Re: RAID 0+1 and DB performance

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 18:41:29 +0800

corky711_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> By what order of magnitude will segment fragmentation and/or free space
> fragmentation degrade DB performance? If we are using RAID 0+1, will
> there still be such degradation or will RAID counter whatever problmes
> fragmentation incur on the database?

Go to www.europa.com/~orapub

There are some very good papers on fragmentation etc etc...Get it right first time and you will NEVER have a problem, and NEVER have to do a reorg...

HTH
--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Thu Sep 02 1999 - 05:41:29 CDT