Re: Having trouble connecting to Oracle 8.0.5 database

From: <bigboldboz_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 15:17:06 GMT

I have solved the problem. I had corrupted the tnsnames.ora file or something.
The solution:

  1. In the tnsnames.ora file, add .WORLD to the end of the domain name. OR
  2. Make the sqlnet.ora an invalid file by renaming it to something like sqlnet.ora.bak or something.

Thanks for the responses and I hope this helps someone.

In article <b2jz3.12929$914.796515_at_typ11.nn.bcandid.com>,   "Van Messner" <vmessner_at_netaxis.com> wrote:
> Usually the general message you got means there is a problem with
> tnsnames.ora. If you're sure they are correct check other .ora files
to see
> if any has a setting that looks bad. You can ping and tnsping, right?
>
> <bigboldboz_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message
> > I have installed the Oracle 8 Client software on my NT 4.0 (service
> > pack 5) machine. I also have the correct information in the
> > tnsnames.ora file. Two other machines in our office can connect to
> > this database, however; they are using NT server vs. NT workstation,
> > which I have. All the set-ups and files are the same ones they are
> > using. Does anybody have a suggestion?
> >
> > Help!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Sep 02 1999 - 10:17:06 CDT