Re: Hot backup, total recover?mlml

From: Mário Nogueira <mario.nogueira_at_jae.pt>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 11:12:50 +0100

Michel Lee wrote:

> I will do this eavery day:
>
> -online backup datafiles for all my tablespaces (SYSTEM,RBS,TEMP, etc etc)
> -online backup the controlfile
> -backup archived redo log
> -backup parameter files like initSID.ora etc
> (Note: that the dont say backup OnlineRedoLogs)

Before backing up the archived redo log and after doing the other backups, do an "alter system switch logfile" once for every online redo log. That way, all online redo logs are archived, and so you can fully recover the database.

--

Mário Miguel Nogueira | The statements and opinions expressed here are my own
Systems Administrator | and do not necessarily represent those of my employer.