Re: RMI from Java stored procedures

From: <doeni_at_evhr.net>
Date: 01 Sep 1999 20:57:47 +0200

Look at following URLs to get some white papers/docs : http://technet.oracle.com/ Simply register http://www.oracle.com/java

> My problem is that I want to call a RMI method whenever the database is
> updated, and until now didnt know that stored procedures could be written in
> Java (unless I misunderstood the post).

From 8.1.5 on, you can write stored procedures in Java. You can also use the database as an EJB Server where you deploy your Enterprise JavaBeans, or use the ORB inside of the DB to call CORBA server objects.

--
The fundamental aim of King Crimson is to organize anarchy, to utilize

   the latent power of chaos and to allow the varying influences to

	       interact and find their own equilibrium.
                                        -Robert Fripp