Re: Oracle NT server configuration

From: Zhenming <zmwang_at_maloca.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 23:27:03 GMT

Running the database in Archive log mode and does not need to export every nigt, just back up the archived log files dairly or every other depending on the transaction activities.

ming
Oracle DBA
zmwang_at_maloca.com
Ragu Sekar wrote in message <37cd5343_at_www2.iaol.com>...

>We want to install oracle 8.04 on NT. The server details
>
>- DB size - 10 GB now
>- 12 9 GB drives
>- 4 - 500 MHz processors
>- 2 MB cache on processors
>- 2 Net cords
>- BIOS controlled load balancing
>
>The database is mostly a query only type database ( with updates to 3 or 4
tables ) with 200 users. Batches will run every night to update the tables from another DB. What will be a better configuration for this ?