Re: export dump larger than 2Gbytes

From: Thiru <tmgn_at_excite.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 15:49:33 -0400

On the Alternate, Try Using 'Gzip'  for much better compression..

-Thiru

bchorng@my-deja.com wrote:

In article <ylFy3.2224$E46.1737@news.rdc1.pa.home.com>,
  "Bob Fazio"
<bob_fazio@hotmail.com.no.spam> wrote:
> There is a fix for the bug, but feel
free to use compress.  The problem
> isn't with the file being too large,
just a bug in the export command.

> <eddisonng@hotmail.com> wrote in
message
> > Hi,
> >
> > May anyone
help me on the question :

> > Exporst oracle objects and having the dump
file larger than 2Gbytes.
> > However, the O/S only support max. 2Gbytes file
size.  We are using Sun
> > w/s and has no tape drive.  We think about using
compress command, but
> > in the case the compress dump also > 2G, what can
we do ?

> > Thanks anyone!

If the compressed dump is over 2
Gig you can pipe your export
to split. With split you can literally export
any size of DB. There is
no limitatins. When you import, you need to use
merge.

-Bass Chorng

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/