Oracle 8.05 / CF issues

From: <pgutches_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 15:13:21 GMT

Hey folks,

My company has recently been encountering some unpleasant situations with
Oracle 8.05. Essentially, there had been some ongoing issues getting Cold
Fusion 4 to thread it's queries to an Oracle 8.05 DB. Queries would quickly
stack up during peak traffic, causing frequent Cold Fusion restarts. Some
research has revealed that we were not alone in this problem. We recently
applied a patch (#805966) to Oracle that reportedly would fix the threading
problem. Things seemed fine until the next surge in traffic. Now, for lack
of a better description, Oracle just hangs. The problem persists through
Oracle restarts.

When attempting to query the DB, the following error is generated:

ERROR:
ORA-00020: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress

unable to connect to oracle after 3 attempts, exiting...

I would be very grateful to have someone point me in the right direction on
this. Information has been rather scarce to say the least. Thanks in advance for any insights you can provide.

Paul Gutches

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Sep 01 1999 - 10:13:21 CDT