Re: Help! Doesn't recognize utl_raw package

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 15:28:58 GMT

A copy of this was sent to marciat_at_my-deja.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Wed, 01 Sep 1999 15:10:38 GMT, you wrote:

>I am running 8.0.5 on NT and have run the catalog.sql, catproc.sql,
>caths.sql, and pupbld.sql scripts. When I try to use the utl_raw
>package, it doesn't recognize it (I get a 'PLS-00201: identifier
>'UTL_RAW.CAST_TO_RAW' must be declared' error.
>
>I tried to sign on as sys and do the following:
>SQL> grant execute on sys.utl_raw to public;
>grant execute on sys.utl_raw to public
> *
>ERROR at line 1:
>ORA-04042: procedure, function, package, or package body does not exist
>
>Is there an additional script I need to run to install this package? I
>don't find anything when I search the documentation CD for utl_raw.
>
>Thanks!
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

utl_raw is installed with replication and/or the procedural gateway options.

to install it by hand, goto $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms*/admin and find the 2 files with 'raw' in their name (eg: prvtrawb.plb utlraw.sql)

using svrmgrl, connect as internal or sys and run @utlraw.sql and @prvtrawb.plb. do this ONLY as sys or internal.

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Wed Sep 01 1999 - 10:28:58 CDT