Re: MetaLink, Articles, forums

From: huh <huhhy_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 17:17:17 +0200

Alex, Doktor,

>> 2) Are there another types of similar technical information (other then
>> notes)?
>
>Yes

Are they all categorizied by Article-ID? IMO, it would be more convenient to be able searching through the all articles in a local network.
(Our Net connection is lazy).
I would guess they can sell CDs...

>Smaller ? Metalink is accessible to all Oracle Support customers. This
>is very big group.
>
>They pay for the privilege through licensing

Bigger but IMO quieter group. (I saw only ODBC forum...) I don't consider forum to be a privilege. People (including guys from ORACLE support)
are free to respond or not to respond.
And you are loosing e.g.: deja.com archive and search engine support. You are forced to learn another way how to get information you want.

BTW Alex: PLEASE DON'T include my e-mail address in your response to help me prevent spambots bombing my box. Address is unimportant information for us however you can malform it at least if you wish to include it.

--
Thank you for keeping >anti-spam< habit: not including my address in your reply. Received on Wed Sep 01 1999 - 10:17:17 CDT