Re: 16 bit SQL*Net for 7.3.4

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 11:59:12 GMT

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999 13:42:16 +0200, "Thomas Noone" <cash_at_cash-gmbh.de> wrote:

>I need to install 16 bit support for Oracle 7.3.4, similar to what I had
>running with 7.1
>The book "Oracle Network Products" seems to suggest installation of 16 bit
>SQL*Net on the client and adding the TNS_ADMIN parameter to ORACLE.INI on
>the client with the home path of the server.
>
>How and from where do I install 16 bit SQL*Net?
>What does ORACLE.INI need to look like?
>Do I need to do anything else?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Thomas Noone

If all is well there is a windows client on the Oracle 7.3.4 CD. Just look for the directory windows on the CD and run orainst from there. The installation procedure will create an oracle.ini in the windows directory. The only thing you need to do is to add the tns_admin parameter, preferably in the [NET23] section.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Wed Sep 01 1999 - 06:59:12 CDT