[Q]Oracle & perl

From: Ray <aaray_at_263.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 15:37:36 +0800

I want use perl to access oracle database. my system is Redhat6.0,oracle8.0.5.perl5.0.0.5.
I can use DBI and DBD to access the local oracle database. now I want access from another linux.

|ip:192.168.1.80 | |ip:192.168.1.34 |
|Perl.DBI.DBD::ORACLE|---------- |Oracle Server |
|Linux | |Linux |
When I install All of these into one computer. it work correctlly. But if I want do as above (Client-Server), I can not Install the DBD-Oracle.Because it need some Oracle liberary to compile and run. I don't know if I must install Oracle into the client. which oracle component contain the enough liberarys needed by DBD. Thanks
Sincerely Ray Received on Tue Aug 31 1999 - 02:37:36 CDT