Removing the Archived logs question

From: Tapan Trivedi <tapan.trivedi_at_abbnm.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 08:51:54 -0500

Hi all .
I have a general question about hot backups and the nice stuff.If I do a hot backup daily and a cold backup weekly do I need to keep the hot backups before the cold backups. I am trying to arrive at disk capacity requirements for the present systems.
  So lets say that my hot backups are daily at night. Every Saturday night I do a cold backup. Do I need to keep the archived logs before that Saturday night after the cold backup has been verified ? Also any tips on how to determine if the online redo logs are filled up totally before the switch occurs ??

                                        Tapan H Trivedi