Re: Help! Can't start TNSListener80

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 06:53:09 +0200

Apparently those two listeners are using the same TCP/IP port. This is not allowed and that's why they are mutually exclusive. I'm not sure why you have an Oracle 7 tns listener on that system. Most likely you need to stop it anyhow. The Oracle 8 listener is capable of processing requests from Oracle 7 clients. Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA