Native ora 12699 error?

From: Jack Zhu <jackzhu_at_monmouth.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 17:15:51 -0400

Red Hat Linux 6.0 and Oracle 8.0.5

After I installed Oracle 8.0.5 on RH6.0 successfully and it runs well for few days, then one day when I try to enter 'svrmgrl', the error message is:

Native error: ora-12699.

I don't know what does this mean, 'oerr' tells you nothing. But after I reboot the machine, the error is gone. I also experienced this same error on Oracle 8.1.5 for RH6.0, but for 8.1.5, the error never went away. That's part of reason I change to 8.0.5 version

Could anyone tell me why this happen, and why suddenly it is gone?

Thanks in advance!

Jack Received on Tue Aug 31 1999 - 16:15:51 CDT