Re: Middleware --- polling or triggering

From: <michael_bialik_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 19:28:37 GMT

Hi.

  Look at www.quest.com.
  They have a product that enable off-line copy of data   between 2 DBs.
  I wonder what trigger you are going to use if no DBLINK is   possible between your databases?
  I used IBM's MQSeries and Oracle MQ Procedural Gateway to   pass data from one DB to another and back.

  Good luck. Michael.

In article <7qh35l$tol$1_at_imsp009a.netvigator.com>,   "Ken" <kenchowhk_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am studying which way is the best to refresh the DB.
> There are two DB and let say A and B, they are in
> different machine. When the update is done on A,
> then we need to refresh the corresponding table
> in B. Now let's assumed that the db_link can't be used.
> we are just thinking of two approaches
>
> 1. to set the timer in middleware to periodically do the
> synchronisation between the two DB.
> 2. to setup the trigger in DB A, any update in A will be
> firing a trigger to update B.
>
> Is there any whitepaper or document in comparing this
> two approach ? Should you have any other alternatives,
> kindly drop a few words also, many thanks.
>
> Ken

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Aug 31 1999 - 14:28:37 CDT