Re: Oracle SQL

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 19:10:06 +0800

francesco wrote:

> I have just started learning Oracle SQL and it seems to me it's not
> standard at all.
> For instance it seems to me that CREATE DOMAIN is not supported at all
> (Oracle v8 runnig on NT Server). Am I wrong?
> Anybody can suggest me a good book about: Oracle SQL, comparison among
> different SQL, current industrial SQL standard?
>
> thanks
> francesco

Oracle is entry level ANSI compliant, which as far as I know is the same as every other rdbms on the market...

I think the Oracle SQL Reference has an appendix on its extensions to ANSI sql..

HTH
--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Tue Aug 31 1999 - 06:10:06 CDT