Parallel Hint

From: Chris Hamilton <ToneCzar_at_erols.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 14:50:17 -0400

I have a question regarding the PARALLEL hint.

What is the syntax to parallelize it when there are two (or more) tables involved? For instance, I can parallelize a query like this:

select /*+ PARALLEL(t1,4) */

         col1, col2, col3
from     table1 t1

order by col1;

But if I have two tables and want BOTH to be parallelized, how is it done? Do I need two separate PARALLEL hints or does the PARALLEL hint accept more than one parameter?

Any help appreciated.

Chris

Chris Hamilton -- ToneCzar_at_erols.com
City of Washington Pipe Band