Re: ora_lgwr & ora_dbwr

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 19:07:19 +0800

David Novo wrote:

> the lgwr is running more time than the dbwr. Maybe because the redologs are
> very small. I have a lot of UPDATES/second.
> Is a bad thing ?¿
>
> David
>
> Doktor <doktor_at_post.pl> wrote in message news:37CBA6AD.F10F86E8_at_post.pl...
> > This question is very interested but I didn't understood it :-))
> > Can you explain it, what do you mean: "is working 2 times ora_dbwr" ?
> >
> > Un abrazo :-)
> >
> > David Novo wrote:
> > >
> > > Anybody can tell me why the ora_lgwr is working 2 times ora_dbwr ¿?.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > David

They aren't exactly in correlation...the db writer will flush out buffers to disk periodically, whereas the log writer is more dependent on the log buffer...This may explain your differences...

--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Tue Aug 31 1999 - 06:07:19 CDT