Re: Does anyone know these tables?

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 19:01:20 +0800

Doug Cowles wrote:

> That's good to know. Any suggestions as to how someone may have created them?
> I don't think the developers in question have any of the gui tools... any
> thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Dc.
>
> Sybrand Bakker wrote:
>
> > They belong to the Oracle Enterprise Manager repository or to Oracle Trace.
> >
> > Hth,
> >
> > --
> > Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
> > Doug Cowles <dcowles_at_bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> > > In a testing area, (which is not supposed to anything in it other than a
> > > specific data model)
> > > some tables appeared last Friday at 2:30. Clearly, I have to tighten
> > > things up, but I was
> > > hoping these table names would ring a bell with someone. I couldn't
> > > find a script in
> > > rdbms/bin that made reference to these tables (although I only tried a
> > > small sample).
> > > The tables look like Oracle proprietary stuff - they have field names
> > > like
> > > db_authent_string etc.,
> > >
> > > They were :
> > >
> > > EVT_CARRIER_CONFIGURATION
> > > EVT_DEST_PROFILE
> > > EVT_HISTORY
> > > EVT_INSTANCE
> > > EVT_MAIL_CONFIGURATION
> > > EVT_MONITOR_NODE
> > > EVT_NOTIFY_STATUS
> > > EVT_OPERATORS
> > > EVT_OPERATORS_ADDITIONAL
> > > EVT_OPERATORS_SYSTEMS
> > > EVT_OUTSTANDING
> > >
> > > TABLE_NAME
> > > ------------------------------
> > > EVT_PROFILE
> > > EVT_PROFILE_EVENTS
> > > EVT_REGISTRY
> > > EVT_REGISTRY_BACKLOG
> > >
> > > 15 rows selected.
> > >
> > > SQL> edit
> > > Wrote file afiedt.buf
> > > "afiedt.buf" 3 lines, 66 characters
> > > select table_name from user_tables where table_name
> > > like 'SMP%'
> > > / 1 select table_name from user_tables where table_name
> > > 2* like 'SMP%'
> > > SQL> /
> > >
> > > TABLE_NAME
> > > ------------------------------
> > > SMPACKAGE_S
> > > SMPARALLELJOB_S
> > > SMPARALLELOPERATION_S
> > > SMPARALLELSTATEMENT_S
> > > SMPRODUCT_S
> > > SMP_AD_ADDRESSES_
> > > SMP_AD_DISCOVERED_NODES_
> > > SMP_AD_NODES_
> > > SMP_AD_PARMS_
> > > SMP_AUTO_DISCOVERY_ITEM_
> > > SMP_AUTO_DISCOVERY_PARMS_
> > >
> > > TABLE_NAME
> > > ------------------------------
> > > SMP_BLOB_
> > > SMP_CREDENTIALS$
> > > SMP_JOB_
> > > SMP_JOB_EVENTLIST_
> > > SMP_JOB_HISTORY_
> > > SMP_JOB_INSTANCE_
> [...]

When you first start up E-Mgr, it prompts the user

"There is no repository - do you wanna create one?"

If whoever connected first time had enough privs to do so, then this would explain it...

HTH
--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Tue Aug 31 1999 - 06:01:20 CDT