Re: [Q]Oracle & perl

From: <moihm_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 12:51:16 GMT

You will need to install SQL*net on the client and configure the tnsnames.ora to connect to your server. To check, that the config is okay it is probably a good idea to install sql*plus too.
regards, Marc-Oliver Ihm

In article <7qg0oh$j5f$1_at_news.cz.js.cn>,   "Ray" <aaray_at_263.net> wrote:
> I want use perl to access oracle database. my system is
> Redhat6.0,oracle8.0.5.perl5.0.0.5.
> I can use DBI and DBD to access the local oracle database. now I want
access
> from another linux.
> +--------------------+ +----------------+
> |ip:192.168.1.80 | |ip:192.168.1.34 |
> |Perl.DBI.DBD::ORACLE|---------- |Oracle Server |
> |Linux | |Linux |
> +--------------------+ +----------------+
> Client Server
> When I install All of these into one computer. it work correctlly.
> But if I want do as above (Client-Server), I can not Install the
> DBD-Oracle.Because it need some Oracle liberary to compile and run. I
don't
> know if I must install Oracle into the client. which oracle component
> contain the enough liberarys needed by DBD.
> Thanks
> Sincerely Ray

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Aug 31 1999 - 07:51:16 CDT