Re: WebDB - Read for Prime Time ???

From: Phil Mooney <phil_at_godzilla.tamu.edu>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 07:10:26 -0500

Cannot handle public synonyms correctly. Which means in some cases objects in a schema will not be visible unless secondary views are created.

Has a security violation ( see posting on this news group) when using myprocedure.show_parms but not for myprocedure.show even when package is declared public execute.

In some versions changes arrangment of display items when ever package is entered to edit other feature.

Cannot handle table with large number of columns and there may be a column datatype problem (I have not run this one down yet)

Procedure/ function interface forces you to use procedure builder for any serious debugging.

Cannnot drop a site.

Documentation very, very poor. Just shows basics not type of things needed for production level work. For example the kind of thing needed to pull together a set of pages and supply extras here and there.

Third party help, I cannot seem to find.

I have back ordered two books, but they are on back order at wharehouse.

I like the concept of webdb, i hope Oracle continues to work with it. But there will be a level of grief trying to go production in this state. I intend to continue trying.

phil