Can dropping RBS cause problems?

From: C. Payer <cpayer_at_sued-data.de>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 14:54:11 +0100

As long as I work with Oracle I often heared the question, if it could cause problems dropping rollback segments during normal workload (e.g. for the need of bigger RBS or in a different tablespace). I never had problems doing this, but in the technical books there is no answer to this question.

But, what exactly happens with the data in the dropped RBS? Does anybody know an exact answer?
Thanks, Claudia Received on Tue Aug 31 1999 - 08:54:11 CDT