Re: Problems with Production running slower than Development.

From: ethanpost <ethanpost_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 13:15:51 -0700

I am curious about the sort_area_size parameter, I looked pretty hard in the docs to find out if this is allocated on a per user basis and I could not find it, can someone please point me to a some docs on this? We are running JDEdwards OneWorld on our DB and the sort_area_size is set to 10MB, at the moment we are not suffering from any memory problems. I also got the sense from the docs that the sort_area_size is somewhat dynamic and allocates memory as needed and can shrink after a sort to sort_area_retained_size.

http://home.san.rr.com/epost/overlook.doc