Re: Problem with Builtin Oracle Package

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 17:10:22 GMT

A copy of this was sent to A Dellelce <uh886_at_victoria.tc.ca> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Mon, 30 Aug 1999 17:36:01 +0200, you wrote:

>Hello all!
>
>I am having this strange problem with oracle 8.0.5/NT.
>
>I try top call a procedure from the DBMS_LOB package,
>
>but it fails with the following error:
>
>ORA-06509: PL/SQL: ICD vector missing for this package
>
>So following the descripton from the manual I reinstalled
>
>the DBMS_LOB package from the istallation directory
>(%ORACLE_HOME%\RDBMS80\ADMIN etc )
>
>but it, again, gave me the same error.
>

>Does any of you see any solution other than reistalling Oracle ?
>

>Thanks :)
>

>Antonio

You have installed it as someone other then SYS.

Find all copies of it that are not owned by SYS. drop them all. Rerun the scripts from $oracle_home\rbms80\admin when connected as SYS or INTERNAL using svrmgrl

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Mon Aug 30 1999 - 12:10:22 CDT