Re: JDBC ResultSet Methods

From: C. Ferguson <c_ferguson_at_rationalconcepts.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 11:15:59 -0700

Hi Jon,
  You don't say what the name of the reference book is, or what version the book is using. I have a Java1.1 JDBC reference "Database Programming with JDBC and Java" by George Reese, an O'reilly book, ISBN 1-56592-270-0, and it does not have these methods defined in the ResultSet Class. You normally use the next() method to loop through the result set to retrieve all of the rows returned. Look at the API documentation for java.sql.*. If you don't have API docs with your IDE, then go to the javasoft web site and download the documents for jdk1.1.x.

Best of luck,
Cindy