Remove Unneeded Files (DBA Question)

From: Jon <conqaaz_at_blueskyweb.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 12:54:29 GMT

As an independent software developer designing a laboratory information system, one of the unexpected responsibilties I have encountered is playing the role of DBA. This is OK ... except that I have no experience in this area at the moment. One of my major concerns, of course, is that the system runs smoothly and doesn't run out of space. I noticed a file that was about 3GB in size on the disk. Unfortunately I'm at home right now and can't remember the name (controlsys.ora??). My question for anyone who cares to respond, is are there any techniques and/or tasks that I could/should perform to clear out wasted space? Like log files or something like that ... do they grow and have to be cleaned?

Thanks ... if you could, respond also to jjcardella_at_hotmail.com Received on Mon Aug 30 1999 - 07:54:29 CDT