How to change codepage used by slq*loader ?

From: Michael Keppler <Michael.Keppler_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 13:50:59 +0200

Hello everybody !

I managed to load a large textfile containing data with sql*loader into our database. But I seem to have a problem with the character codepage of that file. The file was made under DOS. But I import it under Windows NT.
Now when I open a table, all characters above 127 are wrong (for instance 'ä','ö','ü').

Is it possible to define a codepage to be used with sql*loader or is there any other way to convert these characters while loading them?

Or is there any possibility to convert the characters after loading. But it should not use to much time if possible.

Just another thought, are there tools to convert the file before loading?

Ciao and Thanks, Michael.

--
Michael Keppler, MCSE
IT logic GbR