Re: Oracle 8 on Linux: error in loading stored libraries

From: Gene <homang_at_pcisys.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 21:37:18 -0600

Hello A.,

this is a known issue and can be corrected by either adding $ORACLE_HOME/lib (the actual path, not the env variable) to /etc/ld.so.config and then running ldconfig (as root of course) or by dnloading and applying the 8.1.5.1 upgrade patchset for Linux from technet.oracle.com.

I would STRONGLY suggest the patchset as it addresses other issues in 8.1.5. In fact, after applying it I have had no problems with 8.1.5.

Later,
Gene....