Automatic startup/shutdown "triggers"

From: Richard Rodgers <rrodgers_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 22:08:39 GMT

On every flavor of Unix that I've seen, you can place scripts into directories such as rc2.d & name them starting with "S" or "K" to "automagically" get desired tasks done at system boot or shutdown.

I'd like to be able to do the same thing with Oracle. I'd like to be able to get some custom PL/SQL executed both when the instance is started & when it gets shutdown.

I'm open for ideas (as specific as possible) on how to accomplish this.

--
WARNING - My point & click device is a loaded 9mm Received on Sun Aug 29 1999 - 17:08:39 CDT