Which one is the most stable OAS? 3.0 or 4.0

From: <larry_xu_at_ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 23:15:02 -0400

In addition to the question in subject area, Anyone can provide the answer or information
on following question will be very appreciated.

How popular is OAS compare with other Application Server ? named a couple; Bluestone-Sapphire/Web, IBM-WebSphere, Progress Apptivity and SlivierStream
or Cold-Fusion for publish purpose only .

Does anybody knows who are using OAS in large scale internet/intranet/extranet
production environment ? Oracle had ad said all the top 10 Internet site using oracle. no doubt about that
These day everybody using ORACLE data server. how about OAS , if myCNN.com does use OAS , please SAY SO. So far I knew OTN is using OAS and JWEB to perform the membership registration.

Back to the question, I'd like to know which version of OAS is the most stable one on Sun and NT.
3 or 4, if possible please state the minor version .

Honestly, nobody seriously care about the support of COBRA and EJB that much yet. I know I will care about them later when COBRA and EJB themself got matured. the bottom line is the PL/SQL cartridge and Java as application server side language ( all the journalist look at PL/SQL cartridge as the least attractive feature, but I and I believe most ORACLE developer think it is the sexiest part of OAS)

Thanks in advance for any feedback
Larry Received on Sun Aug 29 1999 - 22:15:02 CDT