any example to demonstrate the features (esp. theme) of intermedia on ORACLE 8i (8.1.5)?

From: Danny Lee <dlee+_at_processa.inf.cs.cmu.edu>
Date: 30 Aug 1999 03:13:48 GMT

Hi, 8i experts:

        I have just installed 8.1.5 for NT and O.E.M. 2.0.4. (thanks to the detailed instruction by Mr. Charles Larry).

        Now, I want to know:

  1. how to start the intermedia text server and to confirm that it is running (I tried to connect to the O.E.M. console and start the server, but I got authentication error no matter what password I tried.)
  2. how to (line by line instructions would be ideal, but any useful hints would help) use the text theme search capabilities Basically, I want to put some filenames in a table column (the plain text files are NT files external to the database), and then I want to do :
  3. search for files that has a theme of some topic (say, Egypt) ii) find out the top N (say 5) themes that are most relevant to another text file (filename stored in another table).

        So far I could not find any GOOD, COMPLETE and INTUITIVE documentation on the use of the intermedia text option!

        Hope that someone who has been through the mist can lend a hand.

        Thanks in advance.

Danny Received on Sun Aug 29 1999 - 22:13:48 CDT