Re: Multiple Databases

From: Ralph Ganszky <ralph.ganszky_at_sap.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 13:46:30 +0200

Hi Steven,

You can just select the data over a database link from prod1 to prod2. To do this You have to make either prod1 visible to prod2 or prod2 visible for prod1. I would prefer to make prod1 visible to prod2 and make an INSERT AS SELECT into a table of prod2. Visible here means that prod2 must ahve an entry in the tnsnames.ora file of the prod1 database.
For the database link You should look into the SQL Reference from Oracle.

--
Best Regards,

Ralph Ganszky