Re: Help! Error in ORA file

From: Szymon Budys <szymonb_at_opegieka.com.pl>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 03:33:01 GMT

Thak You for answer!
Sorry, but I don't know how should I recreate control file. I have tried to use servmgr30 and "recover datafile [myfile]" option but it didn't work. I have no backup copy of damaged file. In documentation I've read that in such ocassion I can create an empty file. But nor quite empty file (0 kB) nor empty database ORA file created in another Oracle8 server was good.

dstr016_at_ibm.net wrote:

> You should recreate the control file excluding the damaged data file in the
> list of files. Then you will be able to open the database.

Szymon Budys (sorry for my english :-) Received on Sat Aug 28 1999 - 22:33:01 CDT